Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lake Como - Varenna & Bellagio

This Saturday we took a day trip to Lake Como and explored the lake towns of Varenna & Bellagio.  Official tourist season ended in October, so there were a lot of shops closed, and it was a little rainy.  But it was go now, or not go at all.  Plus the rain gave it a fun mysterious romantic feel to it.  Added bonus of no crowds!!  I'll bundle up for that.  Warning:  Brad had the camera, and as the girls were either asleep or too busy climbing all the stairs to pose for a picture, there are a lot of pictures of me. 

Laney was soooo excited for this train ride.  Here she is brushing up on her Italian.

First view of the swiss alps.

If you can look past Cali's funny face, you can see the fun town sprawling up the hillside.

Varenna

Bellagio

Stairs!!! Lots and lots of Stairs!! Cali was in Heaven!!  (and made us incredibly nervous as she refused to take our hand half the time)


Hmmm, I should have ordered the Lasagna instead of the tripe stew.  I thought the waiter said grape stew. 



With the girls asleep I could actually get some quiet reflection about the beauty surrounding us.  

Really Brad, ANOTHER Picture?

Brad's turn for a photo shoot

Ferry ride!!  



Ohhhhh, Ducks!!

While Big Sisters asleep....

Little sister can play without getting pushed around. 



.

0 comments: