Sunday, November 21, 2010

Q&A

I wanted to answer some of the common questions I've been getting from friends and family

Do people just love your kids, especially being blonde?  
Yes!!  People stare at us all the time. Especially other kids.  Even among the tourists. I hear a lot of "Bambini Bella!", and often point or even stroke their hair.   Or sometimes I don't understand what they're saying, and I just smile and say "Grazie".  I've been asked if we're Polish or Australian.  I thought we'd totally stand out as Americans.  Some people just get really excited about our stroller.  Which brings me to my next question.

How has the Phil&Ted been?
From the front it looks like a normal stroller, then they'll notice there is ANOTHER kiddo in the back and look amazed (maybe it's the fact that we actually have 2 kids).  I have yet to see an Italian with an All-Terrain stroller (a stroller with air-tires). This stroller is rather heavy and sturdy, but totally worth it.  The girls nap great in it and it allows me to go long distances away from our hotel (Laney is not a great walker, and sometimes we walk on some roads that do not have sidewalks).  I just have to avoid Public transportation when I'm by myself, which is okay because I have everything I need nearby and Brad's work is only a 15-20 minute walk so we join him for lunch sometimes.  In a perfect world I'd have another umbrella stroller to use for bus rides, but I don't think I could get Brad to go for ANOTHER stroller.  

What is church like?
We actually went to our official ward today.  It is Italian speaking, but the mission president, missionaries, and there are a few others that speak English.  One of the missionaries translates the Sacrament meeting into English via those cool headsets I always see passed out for the Spanish speakers back at home. They do have a nursery, which of course one of us has to stay for the entire time because there is no way the girls will let us leave.  The girls are a big hit with all the kids, especially the older ones, and despite the language barrier, they find plenty to do together.   

0 comments: