Sunday, April 10, 2011

Three plus one more, now Laney is Four!!!

We are the proud and lucky parents of such a silly sweetie 4 year old!!  She's quite proud of this fact too.  I straightened her hair for her birthday, makes her look so grown up!  Might as well, because while I can't believe she's 4, it's not really that surprising.  She's looked at acted 4 for a long time now, and it just feels like she's been a part of our family so much longer than that!! 
 

After we got rained out at the park last year, I've decided that it's best to plan for indoor arrangements for our April girl.  So we booked a party at the local JCC (Jewish Community Center) Auditorium.  It was the perfect place!!  They did everything but provide the food, and only because I wanted to bring our own.   Decorations, bounce houses, plates & other tableware.  Easiest and largest party we've ever done!!  


The girls were rockin out to some birthday music...

Go Laney, Go Laney!

And the boys preferred tumbling around in the bouncy obstacle course

 However, I think everyone's favorite was the Jumpy House


 I'll admit, my favorite part was the cupcakes.  Yes, I made them and I'm pattin' myself on the back for them, took me 5 hours to make these yummy treats!!!  (All 150 of them) Worth every second!  I love the mini-cupcakes for kids parties.  I never really want my girls to eat whole cupcakes, and this way I don't feel guilty for popping 2 or 3 =)


Laney's friends were a little too helpful.  Laney is incredibly patient, but chaos tends to overwhelm her pretty fast.  (We had to give up on trying to get her to play Saturday soccer)

So one ingeneous dad came up with the idea of having everyone sit in their own hula hoops.  Worked pretty well.  


Here's cute Sammy explaining how you can make a cake with play dough, including hand motions.  

Aunt Laura explaining how fun the pretty princess game is.  Laney is already a huge fan!

Poor Cali.  She got a little overwhelmed with all the people and kids.  She enjoyed this well deserved cupcake break.  

 Laney of course had some more presents to open the next day, on her actual birthday.  However we told her that her party day was her actual birthday to help her get all hyped up for it.  

Look at Cali's face in this pic, she must be thinking "I can't wait to play with this when you're not looking"

Laney's favorite present, Roller Skates!!!

Had to try them out ASAP!!!  To my utter surprise, she likes to jump over cracks in them.    Of course I'm holding her hands the entire time, but still.  She showed no fear at all, something that surprised me coming from the girl who's afraid of half of the previews before the Disney movies. (Including the preview for Tangled, so we'll have to wait a bit before watching that one)

0 comments: