Well, to be honest the past couple of days have been pretty crappy. The grocery store today was so awful, the girls made such a scene. Laney is really good when she gets out, but then cali wants out then they fight over stuff and cali screams and screams. The kids here are so few (you only ever see 1 at a time, maybe that's because they're all in school) and what ones I do see are so well behaved. But that's probably because they don't have any sibblings to fight with. Seriously, we went to the park the other day, no kids in sight. Maybe we're just in the wrong neighborhood. We live in a pretty happening area, and perhaps family's live elsewhere. Poor Cali is soooooo tired. When we got back from the grocery store today Cali was screaming 'want to go home, want to go home', referring to california. poor girl. this whole transition has been a lot harder on the girls than I thought. I'm sure once we get them in a good steady routine they'll grow to love all the new places and things.
The good news is that I really am starting to be able to look at beyond the grafitti and chaos and enjoy the city. It really is pretty cool the mix of old and new. They way people do things here is just fascinating. Now if only I can figure out how to get out and about to do some sight seeing and shopping =). Tomorrow if we can get up early enough (all of us sleeping in till 10 wrecks havoc on planning the day) we're planning on meeting Brad for lunch and perhaps a quick jaunt over to the Duomo. (4th largest cathedral in Europe).
p.s.- I found the chocolate croissants. oh la la!!!! And I found ketchup!! I thought it would be difficult planning meals without recipe's (I didn't even bother bringing them because I knew the food selection would be so different), but it's been actually pretty easy. Even the refrigerated and frozen food is so good I've found that inspiration comes pretty easy. There is literally one side of an entire aisle dedicated to pastas. Almost as big a selection as the alcohol!! an entire aisle is filled with breads on one side (this is where I found the chocolate croissants) and crackers on the other (plenty of chocolate included in there too). I am in food heaven!!
They have all sorts of fun new juices and cheeses. Here is Blood Orange Juice, Pear, and Peach juice. Don't get me started on the cheeses, much to Laney's dismay they don't have Cheddar. She won't touch any of the white cheeses. I just try to pick something different everytime. And here is my yummy Fagottino Al Cioccolato.
What did the big tomato say to the little tomato?
No white eggs. And they're all out next to the breads (gasp, not refrigerated!!). I couldn't help it and stuck mine in the fridge when we got home.
This is what Brad eats for breakfast every morning. He can't very well eat a bowl of cereal in the car anymore. So he sticks some of this in a roll and heads out the door. I like the cheese, but I'm not a huge fan of all the curred meats. This is what they typically eat before every meal it seems.
They have fresh milk!!! Boxed milk is still more common and much cheaper, but we splurge for the good stuff. And forget finding skim milk (which Brad is totally fine with). This is the equivalent of 2%
While Brad and I are loving the food, the girls are struggling a little bit. Good thing I lugged a 3 lb jar of peanut butter with us. Laney asks for Goldfish crackers everyday. The new things that I have found that the girls love is:
Why we had to come to Italy to find this is beyond me.
This is smoothie/yogurt in a handy container. No more spoons, straws or yicky messes!! We all love these!


0 comments:
Post a Comment