Buon Giorno!!
We made it to Milano, Italy! I just wanted to get a quick note out there to let everyone know we arrived safe and sound. Okay, maybe not so sound. Laney was a trooper, and even though I should wake her up so she can adjust to the time change (it's 12:30 pm here), I can't bear to wake her up. They both only slept about 4 hours on the red-eye to London. Cali on the other hand was a hand-full, Even Benadryl couldn't keep this little one under control.
I hope to keep blog regularly to journalize our adventures. I hope to post some pics of our apartment soon. But today is all about adjusting. It was such an accomplishment getting the Internet up and running!! Next up is finding a place to buy some food.
Our Journey
We left the San Fransisco Airport at 8 p.m., thanks to a ride from our friends Christine and her boys Sammy and Jacob, we got there in plenty time and stress free, plus some great company for the ride. The girls were so wired they didn't sleep until 11, with the help of benadryl, but woke up at about 3 a.m. we had a 4 hour lay over in London, which gave us time to change and let the girls run around. They crashed on the way to Milan. It was kinda weird, we had just woken up and chaged, and suddenly it was night time again! (Milan is 8 hours ahead of Pacific standard time). Note to self, take less carry-on stuff. We had the stroller, 2 carry on's, 2 back-packs, the girls 2 back-packs, and a car seat . that was quite a bite to lug around the airport and get through 2 security checks. We arrived at our apartment at about 10:30. Cali was asleep by midnight, and Laney fell asleep at about 2:30am, I think. That's when we got to bed and I drifted off to bed with the sound of her playing with the zipper on her new backpack.
Our Apartment.
EY provided a 2 bedroom fully furnished apartment/hotel for our stay. It's great, much bigger and nicer than I was expected. It has a kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a large balcony, and even a little crib for Cali. Milan itself is very Concrete and Urbanized with lots and lots of Graffiti, don't visualize the pretty Italy you always see in the movies. But it's still so much fun to be in a new environment where everything is so different to get a better perspective of the world .
I'm excited to dive into the Language and Culture, but first....to wake Laney or not to wake Laney, that is the question.
Friday, November 05, 2010
Buon Giorno!
Posted by Brad's TLC on Friday, November 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Welcome to your new home!!! I was so glad to hear that you made it safely to Milan! What a great adventure you have begun! I can't wait to follow your travels on your blog and then talk to you about it when you get back!
Post a Comment