Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our Mini Rotation

So apparently the best way to get around an Italian Visa is to just go without one.  So that's exactly what we're doing.

Brad called me last wednesday (the 27th) and said,

"Hey, do you want to go to Italy for 2 months?" 
Me:  "Well, Yeah!!  When do we leave?"
Brad:  "a week from today"
(silence)
Me:  really?
Brad:  really.
Me:  really?
Brad:  really
(more silence)
Me:  really?

 Brad was asked to go help out with a huge deadline, so he will probably be working a ton.  However, they offered to fly all of us and even get us a furnished apartment.So Yes, we are really really really FINALLY going on a rotation.  Except it's just for 2 months, which is great.  The only reasons I could think of to NOT go was missing family for the holidays, and leaving our nice weather.  We'll be in Milan, which isn't as nice as southern Italy.  Hopefully I'll feel adventurous enough to go out exploring by myself everyday, which is my goal.   But hopefully we'll at least get to go to Venice, and Rome, and Florence, and maybe Barcelona......and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Christmas in Switzerland!!!  Thank heavens for Rick Steve's!!! I did splurge and buy a new stroller =)  with the excuse of "it will help me get out and about more".  Hopefully the Phil&Ted Explorer will live up to it's name.

So I'm sorry for the sparse Halloween pictures.  I promise there are some more cute ones, but to be honest, I gotta get a move on!!!  I only have 3 more days to run a kazillion errands, clean, and pack!!!!

0 comments: