I love summer time in Utah. There is no snow and so much to do. I have to admit, by the end of the trip I was trying to work out a way that we could move to Utah sooner rather than later. Don't get me wrong, California is FABULOUS. But there are some things that a mild climate and endless beaches can't replace.
Like family bonding time. Uncle Jordan helped the girls get over the initial shock of the loud and bright fireworks. That's another thing, you can actually light your own fireworks here!!
A whole day to celebrate your religious heritage!! I'm getting so sick of how twisted things are getting. We have to take God out of our pledge of allegiance and Christmas, but we're expected to celebrate Gay day? Talk about no tolerance.
Hi-five's from Grandpa!
Cousins!!! It's amazing, the girls only see their cousins a few times a year, yet there is little to no shy time. They fit in so much better with their cousins than any playgroup I've taken them too.
Activities on Saturdays!!! Really, it's nearly impossible to find a race to do on a Saturday instead of a Sunday. Also, ballet recitals and soccer games will be scheduled on Sundays. At some point we're going to have to decide just what it means to "keep the sabbath day holy" and how strict we're going to be. In Utah, you don't have to make these kind of decisions.
Sorry, I'm not trying to say that we hate California or that we have a count down to the date we can get out of here. There is just so much to love about each place. All in all we had a great time in Utah, and can't wait until our next trip for Thanksgiving!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment