Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Camping is AWESOME!!!!

Brad and I both grew up camping and loving it, so I'm ashamed to say we havn't been since the girls were born.  We talked about getting gear last summer, but kept saying "we're supposed to be moving soon".  Well, it's been a whole year later, and we're still here.  In fact it looks like we won't be getting out there until September.  So we broke down, purchased a tent and a couple sleeping bags, and broke them in to start off the summer!! 

This is how excited Cali was to go camping.  Haha, j/k, she had no idea what she was in for, but she was just excited that we were excited.

We put up the tent in our living room, there wasn't an inch to spare!

Laney had heard of camping on her signing time video's, so she was really really excited. 
 

We went camping with some good friends of ours, it was so much fun!!  I might even prefer it to camping by ourselves!

Here are some tips for an excellent camping trip:
Go with friends.  Not only are they great company, but whatever you forget, it's likely they brought it.  Also, bring lots and lots and lots of food!
 

Going with friends also provides playmates/entertainment for the kids.  We actually got to sit back and relax!!
 

Bring plenty of family friendly bug spray.  The children friendly only has 7% deet, so it doesn't work as well, but it's safe for the kiddo's and we didn't get bit once!
 

Be prepared for boo-boo's like this one.  I got to call Cali scar face all week.
 

Find a short easy hike to do.  It's so gorgeous outside!!
 

Bring back-carrier's
 

even for the older one's if they're not great walkers.  
 

Be prepared for exhausted kiddo's (and parents)

I thought that night time would bring unbearable cold, fussy girls, and a sleepless night.  Yet I was pleasantly surprised that with 4 layers of pajamas and several blankets, we were able to have a surprisingly good nights rest!  We can't wait to go camping again!  Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Kim Whitefield said...

What a fun adventure for them. Glad it worked out so great for ya!