For you Facebookers out there, you may be asking yourself, what in the world is going on over at the Parkers!!
I don't usually like to gripe and moan on my blog, I always like to think that our posts may brighten someone's day. And so this gripe session has a happy ending, I promise.
It started Wednesday night when Brad sprained his ankle after an awesome spike during volleyball. This was not just any sprain. Sure, it could have been worse, but I was really close to taking him to the hospital for x-rays when I saw this...
Thursday I spent the day running around doing some prep work for Laney's big party coming up on saturday. Brad was at home working from the couch with his ankle wrapped in ice. It was going to be hard doing this party without Brad's help, but I thought, I'm tough and super organized, we can pull this off. So after a day of running around and taking care of the girls and my hubby by myself I was exhausted, but knew I had a busy day Friday and Saturday to get through. Boy I had no idea.
Friday started out great, Brad got to sleep in while the girls and I went for a nice long run. So I was shocked when I pulled into our patio to find that Cali was sick, really sick. So what was supposed to be my day to prepare for Laney's party was spent running Cali to the bathroom every half hour, cleaning up vomit, trying to keep Laney away from the vomit, and poor Brad had to watch from the couch feeling helpless. The doctor said she probably had the stomach flu and we needed to give her pedialyte and apple juice to prevent dehydration. How in the world was I going to get to the store with a sick baby and a husband who could only hop around on one foot, and no family around? How was I going to make this party happen for Laney, when I'm about ready to take Cali AND Brad to the hospital? To make matters even worse, it was windy, cloudy, and RAINING saturday morning, on what was supposed to be a beautiful April birthday party at the park.
Well, luckily we still have yet to make our first trip to the ER (although I"m sure it'll happen someday). And luckier, we have AWESOME friends. I'm a control freak, and don't normally like asking for help, so it felt weird making frantic phone calls asking for help, a lot of it, and ASAP. So with a lot of help, we were able to get Cali her fluids, Laney's cupcakes were gorgeous, a party set up and cleaned up, and friends who were willing to brave the icky weather to make Laney's birthday one of the best days we've ever had, despite everything that had happened this week. And it even stopped raining just long enough for us to have our party in the park.
So thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone who helped. Laney's party was everything she hoped for, Cali is back to her normal smiley self, Brad's ankle is finally starting to shrink, and I got to sleep in this morning =)
1 comments:
So that's what happened! I'm so glad your friends were there to help you out. And those cupcakes looked amazing!
Post a Comment