It had been a long day at the mall. Cali was screaming to get out of the stroller. We had just one store left, the princess store (the disney store). I couldn't back out now since I had gotten Laney all excited about it the night before. As Laney was trying on a pair of princess shoes, I noticed the giant stack of stuffed disney characters, and knew it wouldn't be long before Cali discovered all these soft loveable toys and started throwing them all on the floor. Sure enough it didn't take long for her to head straight to the tower of smiling animals, but I was pleasantly surprised at what happened next. She headed straight for Minnie mouse, picked her up, and gave her a great big hug. She then proceeded to hold her tight and walked all over the store with her, not touching or knocking over a single thing, other than the occasional fall from having her sight blocked by those giant adorable ears. When it was time to get back in the stroller, I thought for sure Minnie would be thrown in protest. Yet she went in contently. She looked at me anxiously as Minnie was snatched from her snuggle for a brief moment to be checked by the register lady. Minnie has been rocked, hugged, snuggled, and carried all over the house. It's almost humorous watching Cali sleep from her tummy, trying to reach her arm up and over her new and relatively large friend.
I know it's not unusual for kids to become attached to a stuffed animal, but Cali is such a busy intense little girl it's nice to see she is still my cuddly Cali, even if it's not me she's cuddling with anymore.

I know it's not unusual for kids to become attached to a stuffed animal, but Cali is such a busy intense little girl it's nice to see she is still my cuddly Cali, even if it's not me she's cuddling with anymore.

0 comments:
Post a Comment