Thursday, July 30, 2009

Long Time No See

Can anyone resist these eyes?




Yes, it's been a while since our last Blog. Ever since our stroller was stollen a month ago I have been putting who many knows how many hours researching for the best ultimate stroller. Then when we found out we were moving to Italy, I of course have never been there so I had invest yet more hours into finding the perfect stroller. Many of my friends and family would laugh, raise an eye-brow, and possibly even mock my new hobby. Brad has been endlessly patient listening to my decision making thought processes, and even going with me to check a few out. At one time I counted we had six strollers. Yes, six. A single runner, a double runner, an umbrella, our graco travel system, a sit-n-stand, and our latest an inline phil&teds. Don't worry, I sold one this afternoon and more will follow (I LOVE CRAIGSLIST!!) That's what I've been up to, now for what you're probably more interested in, the girls.


Laney - Now 2 years 3 months old

Laney woke up from her nap in histerics today. After a while I was finally able to get her calm enough to say

"scared you".

Me "What scared you"

Laney "Lion scared you"

I couldn't find any sort of lion in her room. But all afternoon she kept talking about this Lion and Tiger that scared her. When Brad came home that's the first thing she told him. They went in the room and helped her "shoo the lion".

Laney "go away Lion"

How cute is that? I can't believe she's old enough to go through this.

Laney and her best friend Brady at the park. Neither would go into the water without the other.
Atta girl Laney, make the boys do all the work.


Our budding artist. Laney's always loved to color. Now she's expanded to painting, markers, and coloring the bath tub. (that's an old shirt of mine that she's wearing)I think it was exactly a year ago that I tried her first and last pig tails. Her hair was getting pretty long, so I thought I'd try it again. It didn't last long, but it was super cute in the mean time!



Cali - Now 6 months 3 weeks old


I should have known this one would be trouble. Two days ago she started scooting backwards and getting up on her knees. Today she started rocking on her knees. How much longer until she crawls? Her favorite activity is to empty out a basket of toys. Laney would sit and play with one toy for an hour. With Cali it's grab, taste, throw, grab, taste, throw. Once the basket is empty I just fill it up again and she keeps going.




This is Brady's baby brother Tommy, he's 2 months old. It looks like we have another blooming friendship. Thank goodness they like each other, because they get thrown together a lot while Laura or I chase down their older siblings.



This is how I get to eat. Cali goes in the bumbo on the counter.


This is the closest to the foot in the mouth shot I could get. As soon as she sees the camera she gets all excited and shoots her arms and legs straight out like a frog.


One of our favorite things to do is walk to the park. Laney usually never makes it home without crashing.

1 comments:

Kim Whitefield said...

That pic of Cali in the toybox is precious! She has such personality!