These were some of the things that made pregnancy really miserable for me last time besides the obvious reasons (swollen feet, nausea, back pain, etc.). I've already experienced a few of them, so hopefully by sharing these, some people will take a few pointers on what not to do around pregnant women and not think that I'm just some ornery hormonal psycho. Some may not mind, but I don't think I'm the only one.
#1 - Please Please Please, when a friend or your wife's friend shares the happy news, don't respond by saying "Wow, everyone is pregnant". There's no better way to kill the excitement than to make my life changing event seem so ordinary.
#2 - "Are you sure you aren't having twins?" or "You are definitely going to have that baby a month early." Or my favorite was when some guy asked Brad "You sure she hasn't been messing with some Samoan".
#3 - When you're 7 months pregnant, everywhere you turn you get "You look ready to pop!"
#4 - The stares and people talking about you behind their back after you walk past (maybe this happens more here in California and any state other than Utah, you really don't see that many pregnant women out and about here). And when that wedding ring doesn't fit anymore.......
#5 - From random strangers you get "Wow, you're huge". The look on my doctor's face when I get on the scale already makes me worried that I'll never be able to loose all this weight. I don't need another reason to feel fat.
#6 - When all the expectant mother parking spots are taken. You can't help but wonder, are all these people really pregnant? Now I know how handicap people feel when they try to find a parking spot.
#7 - When you are having a girl and everyone speculates that you're having a boy based on how your tummy looks. Especially when they say, are you sure? I'm sure the vise versa would be equally annoying.
#8 - When you have to use the handicap stalls in public bathrooms b/c you can't squeeze into the regular ones without wacking your expanded belly.
#9 - Not being able to take cold medicine, Ibuprofen, and other quick and easy solutions to common discomforts.
#10 - Not being able to eat your favorite non-healthy foods without the guilt that you're creating weight problems for your baby that will haunt them the rest of their life. Or I guess the newest thing is "If I don't buy organic foods will my child get some incurable disease later on?"
Friday, July 18, 2008
Pregnancy Pet Peeves
Posted by Brad's TLC on Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I had to laugh at #10. I can't believe people take up the pregnant lady parking spaces. They must have never been pregnant.
Post a Comment