So this last weekend we made the 10 hour trek to Cedar City, Utah to see my baby sis get married!!! Tabby got married to Jordan Ellis in the ST. George temple on May 30th. She was incredibly beautiful and I have never seen her so happy, and she's a naturally happy person all the time. An hour before the luncheon, I was asked to say a few things about my sister, I had no idea what to say and of course now have all these things I wish I could have said. Would you like to hear it?
For those of you gaining Tabby into your family, I'm excited to tell you all how lucky you are. Tabby is one of those people who light up the room. I don't have any particular funny stories about her, b/c she almost seems to make every situation fun no matter who or where she is. And she's surprisingly ambitious. She gets easily distracted, but when she really puts her mind to it, she can do anything!!! I remember coming home one day and she had a list of things she wanted to accomplish on the wall. The first was to go teach English in China. I admit, I had my doubts, but she saved enough money and did it. The next on her list was to serve a mission. No body thought she'd make it, but I knew she could, and she did and inspired so many people. Half of the girls at the bachelorette party last night were old companions and mtc buddies. Jordan, I hope you like doing service, b/c the next thing on Tabby's list is to join the peace core with her husband, good luck!!! We're glad to gain Jordan into our family and we're proud of what you both have accomplished today, and are excited to see where the two of you go in life.
The reception was beautiful. It was an incredible day outside and it was fun saying hi to everyone and watching Laney run around in the fluffiest pink dress ever. (she made the cutest little flower girl, even though she didn't really get to throw flowers. So of course everyone tried to hold her, and of course that was against her personal space policy. This little girl Laney's age even ran up to her and gave her a hug, of course they fell down, it was the cutest thing ever!!) Of course between standing in line and chasing Laney around, I didn't get a chance to take pictures. So hopefully I'll get some from my dad who was the photographer (who else?), and post those soon.
Good times. Why does it seem like good times are followed by Bad times? The day after the wedding Laney got this nasty Stomach Flu that had been going around town. She got a fever of 103 and couldn't keep any food down. She seemed to be doing better the next day, so we made the 10 hour trip back. Unfortunately, the next day she got even worse without the fever. She couldn't keep any liquids down and just laid there groaning, I've never felt so helpless in my entire life!! We took her in and turns out she's super dehydrated, and today she's able to keep some liquids down, but she still sleeps 24/7. If she's not better by tomorrow, we might have to take her to the hospital to get some fluids. Poor little sweetheart!!!
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Good times and Bad times
Posted by Brad's TLC on Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sorry to hear about Laney. Was the "little girl that went to hug her and they fell" Adelyn by chance?
Post a Comment