Back in November Brad was approached by a member of our ward and he casually brought up that the software company he worked for was looking for someone who spoke
Portuguese to teach a software training class in
Brazil, and if he would be interested. Of course Brad answered with an enthusiastic, ABSOLUTELY!! Five months later after hopes, doubts, waiting, and one
cancellation, the trip finally happened!! Brad was able to
negotiate an extra ticket for me, but after struggling to come up with a way for me to go and not put Laney through too much
trauma, I had to opt out of the trip. Thankfully Ryan, Brad's older brother by 21 months, also served a mission in Brazil and was more than willing to go in my place. It was a very long 9 days and lonely 8 nights without him, but I couldn't be happier that he got to go back and spend a week with his bro in the country where they both served their missions. Brad really should be posting this blog, but as he's currently preoccupied with the projects I saved up for him, I'll do the main body of work and I'm sure he'll add his own commentary later. Here are a sample of pictures I found fun and thought might be interesting to those who have never been to Brazil. For many many more pictures and video's, check out the link to the right (coming soon)
Here is a picture of
Sao Paulo and its
endless sea of skyscrapers. This is where the training was so they spent several days here.

A really awesome cathedral

An even
awesomer temple (I might be a little biased)

After Sao Paulo, they made their way to a popular local resort beach town called Paraty (pronounced pada che). As you can see, they don't spend a lot of tax dollars on the public roads.

A "romantic" boat ride for two

Brad learning how to play the
berimbauSome local culture

From Paraty they went to Rio De Janeiro, spent a day in the city where Brad served his mission, went to church, and then came home!! I wish I could have somehow recorded his homecoming. Brad thought we were waiting for him outside, but instead we surprised him and waited for him right outside the security check point. I wasn't sure how Laney would react, but she walked right up to him and as Brad and I were getting our 9 days worth of hugs in, I looked down to see Laney tugging on Brad's pants, and she was practically glowing. I may not have a picture to record it, but I will never forget that smile on her face as she looked at her Daddy. She has so many expressions, and this was one I've never seen before. Here's a picture of Laney telling Brad about all the stuff he missed. Welcome home Brad, we sure missed you!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment