Thursday, February 28, 2008

Epiphany

So please bear with me while I try to sound all philosophical. I was contemplating my life the other day (which is hard to do now-a-days, I swear those nursery rhym's lower your IQ and ability to concentrate on anything serious). I came to some interesting conclusions that I would like to share with ya'll, in hopes of being better understood by others, and by myself.

1) I am not a blonde. I am a brunette, so I should stop trying to force my hair to be something it isn't. That doesn't mean I'm cured of the habit of dying my hair, it'll just be geared more towards my natural brunette self.

2) I hate scrapbooking. After stating for 12 years that it's one of my hobbies, I realized that I dread sitting down to work on it. What I do like is looking through the final product, because I love looking at old pictures. It takes up way too much space, costs a ton of money, robs me of precious time I should be spending on other talents (or at least searching for some talents), and I'd much rather sit on the floor and help Laney put that darn star into the right hole. So after finishing 2006 pictures (I already printed them up and bought all the supplies), I'll be donating ALL my scrapbook supplies to assist those more creative than I, and get into the new age of digital scrapbooking, which will save time, space, and they do all the creative work for me. And I'll still be able to sit down and look at all the fun pictures.

3) I love to read. This really wasn't too much of a surprise, I was always a book worm growing up. I read "Gone with the Wind" for my 4th grade reading report. My teacher had a hard time believing that I read a 900 page book in 3 months, but that just shows how little of a social life I had. Unfortunately my dedication to my collegate goals robbed me of my time and desire to read any more than I had to. So now I'm dustin off those old favorites and digging in as much as I can while Laney takes her naps. Any recommendations? I'll read anything from teen romance to sci-fi to religion, and everything inbetween.

4) I love biology (okay, that's nothing new, but I have aspirations of somehow reincorporating it back into my life, if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears)

5) I may not be a social butterfly, but those who get to know me know that my interest in others is very genuine. Sometimes my shyness, backwardness, and lack of things to say leads people to think that I'm......"intimidating" (at least that's what I've been told) and probably unapproachable. But I promise, I love getting to know people and spending time with them, even if I don't have a lot to say.

This may be a bit more personal than I usually go, but something prompted me that I needed to get it off my chest and out in the open. (Plus this blog is turning into my Journal as writing by hand takes too much time, I really should look into finding a digital way of doing that to, typing 100 WPM is much faster than trying to make my chickenscratch ledgible. ) So in ending, I hope everyone has a good night, and that you spend some time meditating a little about your life and discovering something new.

0 comments: