Yes, I'm shamefully behind on my blog...and taking pictures. I'm embarrassed to say that these are the only pictures we took to document Laney's first day at the Village Preschool of Saratoga. She was so excited when she woke up, she insisted on wearing her special preschool shirt instead of the cute first day of school outfit I had picked out for her. No way I could say no. Cali was so excited too, though at this point I don't think she knew that she was going to have to leave her sister and all the fun things of preschool behind.
Laney did break down for about an hour the first day we left her, and the next couple of days there were a few tears, but I was surprised that that was it! Those of you who know Laney know that she can have some big separation issues, but this preschool program is so awesome, she doesn't even look back when I drop her off now. I can't even say that about Primary at church, where she's been going to for a lot longer. Cali also cried the first day we dropped Laney off. For about an hour she would wail "I want my sister!" Poor girl. But I am thoroughly enjoying my special time with Cali. She's so different when it's just us. Much more mellow and easier to manage surprisingly.
0 comments:
Post a Comment