She's still Laney. Still loves to dance, cuddle, and draw. Yet something seems to be different lately, I can't quite put my finger on what, but she just seems so much....older. Maybe it's the fact that she's COMPLETELY potty trained now. When she was 2 years 9 months it only took her 2 days to figure out how to use the potty and control the flow. Yet with her stubborn personality it was a constant struggle to get her on the potty. We finally learned that we had to just sit back, give gentle reminders here and there, but we mostly let her tell us when she wanted to go. Then suddenly, earlier this month, she decided she was done with diapers, the seat insert thing, and even the stool. And so far we've had no accidents, even at night......so far. I don't know how it is outside of California, but here there is a lot of pressure to be potty trained by 2. This might fly with Cali, but with Laney there would have been no way. I'm so glad we listened to our pediatrician and waited until she was good and ready.
The first of I'm sure many tea party's.
Laney sporting her new bang free look.

1 comments:
You know, my sister from SF just got her 2 & something-month-old trained, and it was hard for her too. She gave me two words, "stool softener." Congratulations, Laney, you are now officially a big girl, yay!
Post a Comment