Tuesday, December 15, 2009

To potty or not to potty

Okay, so Laney is stubborn enough that she refuses to sit on the potty, even though she knows how. So I'm trying something drastic on a whim. I took her diaper off, put her favorite princess panties on, and loaded her full of juice. Has this worked for anyone? I havn't a clue what I'm doing. I'm not in a hurry, I figure it would be best to wait till we get to Italy to potty train her, but who knows when that will be!

2 comments:

andrea said...

I didn't try it with Isabelle. What finally worked for me was giving her a treat each time she went on the potty. She got to the point when she would try really hard to go potty just to get a treat. It worked for her though. Keoki has been a little bit different. We are not really trying to potty train with him but he goes on the potty at least twice a day now. I think because he sees isabelle use the potty and her wants to be a big boy. I will probably start after christmas.
Good luck! I would love to know if it works!

Ben and Anna said...

I'm a fan of the bribery. then, it becomes their decision. if they don't, you aren't the one getting punished and frusterated.