Monday, December 07, 2009

Thanksgiving in SLC, Utah

The next leg of our journey took us to SLC Utah so we could visit Brad's side of the family. As always it was so fun seeing everyone and Laney couldn't get enough of playing with her cousins. Laney got to play in the snow for the first time ever. She loved saying it, but was not a fan of the cold. (that's my girl!!)

This was the first year she got to participate in the annual Thanksgiving Program put on by great-grandma Thomas. Here she is a Patriot from the Revolution! Here she is scaring away the red coats by twirling her pretty pink dress "twirl twirl twirl"

Laney couldn't get enough of her cousins. It was so weird to be hanging out with all the adults, and not see Laney for at least an hour while she was off playing.


"Ring around the rosies, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all


"fall down!!!"





Meanwhile, Cali is taking advantage of the pink car which is rarely not being used or running her over.


Cali wasn't so sure about being held like a baby, but loved the attention from her big cousins!! We went to church with these guys and Brendan kept saying "Cali is the cutest baby in this whole church". haha.


Brad went to a training in Orlando the week after thanksgiving, so I stayed behind and played with the Parkers some more and even got to see my sister again. It was tough traveling with the girls by myself, especially on the airplane home (imagine me going through the airport with two suitcases, two carseats, backpack, stroller, and a toddler all in hand, thank goodness for awesome father-in-laws and taxis!)
Laney took the longest naps ever during this trip. So exhausted from all that playing and traveling! My sister Tabby just happened to have the perfect pink ballerina pillow for her to use.



Cali hasn't used a swing forever, but loved her baby lily's swing, even took a nap in it!


Admitedly, Jordan is Laney's favorite Uncle. I don't blame her, I don't remember any of my uncles cool enough to make faces at me!

My signing time addicts!
In summary, can I just say that I am so grateful for opportunity to spend so much time with family this holiday. That my girls love their grandparents, and that we are so welcomed in both their homes. For Natalie for letting us use her room, again. For Grandpa Parker for picking us up from the airport and helping me get back to the check in gate with all my luggage. For awesome brother and sister in law's for spending so much time with us, and for Ryan and Jaime who let us crash their house to watch the BYU vs. Utah game. There is just so much, I'm sure I forgot something!!
p.s. - can I just add to my list of things I'm grateful for......the red eye fix feature. It's not perfect, but fixed a lot of otherwise ruined pictures!!

0 comments: