Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our Humble Christmas

We don't have a lot of Christmas decorations. Every year I say I'm going to get some, and then every year I can't bear to plop down the money after all the other financial expenditures at christmas. And I'm not nearly crafty enough to make our own. Yet we've always made do with handmade snowflakes and all those left over wedding decorations (we were married in December, 5 years this year!!!). As you can see, our tree is small......very small. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of pine needles and a baby who puts everything in her mouth. Nor pay the ridiculous amt for a good fake tree, or have to put it in storage while we're in europe. Besides, when Cali pulls this tree down (and she has 3 times already), this one won't hurt her.
Yet this year has felt more like Christmas than it has in a long time. Perhaps it's the constant Christmas music playing, the lights that Laney insists must be on all day long, or the Sugar cookie decorating and passing out. Wherever it came from, we have the Christmas bug, and hope it stays for a while!

0 comments: