Okay, so Laney is in bed, and Cali is engrossed with signing time, so I thought I'd share a few thoughts about our Thanksgiving vacation that I just got home from. We had soooo much fun with the family, as usual. Laney couldn't get enough of her grandparents and cousins. We are so grateful to have have such supportive family and friends. Here are a few not so deep/sentimental realizations I had while there.
- I'm thankful for frequent flyer miles, without them this trip would have been a lot harder. As much as I dislike Delta airlines, you can't beat free =)
- I miss Utah, I must admit it. It says California on my drivers license, but I'm a Utahn at heart. I miss the mountains, family, affordable baby boutiques, and yes, even sometimes the snow. We were there for 12 days and not so much a cloudy day!! Just cold cold cold. BRrrrr!!
- When we left for the airport at 7 a.m. this morning, it was 19 degrees. When we got home, it was 60. First thing I did when we walked through the door was kick off my shoes, put away the coats, and put the good ol flip-flops on. I feel whole again!
- It felt sooooo good to drive my own car. Do you think we could bring it to Italy? I'm one of those people who get attached to their car, give it a name, and crave the familiar feel of where the seat is suppost to go and knowing where all the buttons are. I craved this more than sleeping in my own bed!! (although that might be due to the excellent accomodations, thanks again Natalie for letting us have your room!!)
Don't worry, millions of pictures will follow soon. I just wanted to get this down in writing before I got back to the regular workings of the day and forgot how much fun we had during the past 12 days.
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Memoirs of our Thanksgiving Vacation
Posted by Brad's TLC on Thursday, December 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment