Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jolly Olly Christmas!!

I must apologize for the overload of pictures. Brad's new toy this Christmas was a new camera, so of course it had to be broken in =) We had a wonderfully relaxing Christmas. We didn't travel anywhere, yet was still able to enjoy family and friends through visits, telephone calls, and Christmas cards.


Laney crawled into bed with us Christmas morning, so she didn't even see the splender awaiting her in the family room. She layed there between us for a few minutes then said "It's Jesus's birthday!". After a minute of pondering this she then exclaimed "Presents!!" We made sure to sing happy birthday to Jesus that evening, a tradition I think we'll continue.
The first look of Christmas morning!

As we are supposed to be moving soon, I tried to keep the presents small, or used off Craigslist. These already opened presents kept he girls busy while we finished waking up.




It didn't take many presents later for Cali to get worn out, and needed an early nap. I think Brad enjoys cuddle time just as much if not more than Cali!

We took this short break to eat breakfast, Laney ate her traditional Honey Bunches (she couldn't keep her eye off those unopened presents though!), and Brad made his usual delicious sausage egg mcmuffins.


I'm sure Laney was super glad Cali's nap was relatively short, and we got back into opening and enjoying the spoils of Christmas!

I think my mother poured at least a thousand pretend cups of tea, juice, and hot chocolate.

Just thought I'd throw this random one in for ya.
Laney got this music box from her friend Brady, and Cali got this toy music box from her cousin Addy, how cute is that!! Now they both have one!! (and of course want each others)

My favorite present for the girls they got early. We don't have a nice nativity set, nor do we have anywhere safe to put one. So this was perfect to sit on our coffee table and for the girls to get up close and get to know the reason for the season.


Brad's new toys. Okay, the Camera was Santas gift to the family, which means the girls get the old one, much to Laney's delight!!


Woo Hoo!! New Wii games!! Party at the Parkers!


The girls big presents was the first 13 video's (out of 26) of signing time, including the music. I was going to get this for them anyway so we can enjoy them in Europe.


I couldn't help but gather the load together. I've done this every year for as long as I can remember.


I sure hope everyone had a wonderful merry christmas!! And can't wait to see what Christmas in Europe will bring us!!!

1 comments:

Kim Whitefield said...

What an awesome idea for the nativity so the kids can understand why people have them, to remember Christ's birth!