Sunday, November 02, 2008

It's Finally Fall in California

This past week it finally started to cool down and really feel like fall. Laney is growing up like crazy. I may not be able to see the day to day physical changes, but she's hit this accelerated learning phase I keep hearing about. All the sudden the shape sorter, wooden puzzles, and pop up toy pose no challenge. She loves to talk and learns new words every day. She's finally learned to say Laney. She's also learning how to say some friends names and even makes up signs for them. She still loves to sign and soaks up all the videos I can get her. That's my little Brag segment for today.
She really really wanted to take this bike home. Bike is one of her favorite words. I can't wait until the day we CAN bring this bike home!! (Right now it would just be a huge safety hazard as she's obviously way too young for it.....or is she?)
We got season passes to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. I couldn't go on any rides, but Brad enjoyed one and even Laney got a big kick out of the jeep safari ride. She's been watching a signing time video on zoo animals, so she went crazy over actually getting to see the animals in person. I thought we wouldn't be able to keep her still for the entire dolphin show, but they kept her thurally entertained.

Laney absolutely loves the challenge of learning how to put on a hat, especially Daddy's.

1 comments:

Kim Whitefield said...

Okay, she's having a ball putting those hats on! Can you imagine how it'll be when she finds the makeup?