Friday, March 14, 2008

It Happened One Night

So the other day when Laney woke up from her nap, it was like she was a whole different person. Needless to say, she was no longer a baby, but a pre-toddler. We came out of her room, and she pointed to her push-toy, indicating that she wanted to get down and play with it. That might not sound like a big deal, but to us it's huge that she's now discovered a way besides crying to indicate what she wants. Here are some other things that reminds me that she is no longer a baby.
Besides pointing to things, she now says Daddy, Hi, Yeah, Wow, Ook (for book), baba (for bottle), and I swear I heard her say "good" today (or something like that). We even hand her a toothbrush with a little baby toothpaste while we're brushing our teeth and she rubs it around in her mouth. She likes to feed me her crackers, likes drinking from a cup, and has even been working on standing without any prompting from us. Although I must admit, we bring her into our bed when she wakes up at 5 am, she'll sleep a little longer that way. And I tell ya, there's nothing like waking up to a little sleeping angel next to you. At least in her sleep she still looks like my little baby Laney bug.


0 comments: